Newport Beach Child Custody Attorney
Over 40 Years of Experience Helping CA Families Through Child Custody
Sullivan Law & Associates, we recognize the sensitive nature of child custody proceedings. We take
the time to understand our clients’ needs to deliver the most effective
solutions. With over 40 years of experience and commitment to excellence,
our child custody attorneys are fully equipped to handle your case.
Understanding Child Custody Laws in California
Child custody is one of the most challenging family law practice areas.
If you are a parent going through a
divorce, separating from the other parent, or looking to establish a legal custody
arrangement with the other parent, our attorneys are known for getting
the results you desire.
Custody Matters We Can Assist In
- A key issue of divorcing couples with minor children is custody. If the
parties cannot agree on terms, we can get your matter in front of a judge.
- Sometimes a custody agreement that worked at the time of case conclusion
may not work later down the road. We can help you get your modification
case before a judge, if the parties cannot agree on the arrangement.
Even though a separating couple is still legally married, many times couples
must reach agreements on child custody and
- If the parents of a child are not married at the time of birth, they must
legally establish paternity for the father to gain parental rights.
- Parents have certain legal rights to their children. These include the
ability to make important decisions on their behalf and spending time
- There are a few circumstances in which a grandparent may need to exercise
their legal right to a grandchild. We will help you in this endeavor and
aggressively advocate for your rights.
- Sometimes parents may refuse to honor a child custody arrangement, even
when it is legally required. We will help you get the other parent to
participate with the agreement.
- If you must move a great distance from the other parent, you may need to
modify a custody agreement to reflect this move. This can be a difficult
task, but our attorneys have garnered many victories.
Wish to discuss your options with an experienced divorce attorney? Call
our firm in Newport Beach at
(949) 565-2793 or
contact us online.
Serving Clients in Custody Matters Across Orange County
Our child custody attorneys represent clients in Orange County and the
surrounding areas. We will passionately advocate for you and help ensure
your child’s best interests are the top priority.